Make a donation

Author Topic: Strange Intermittent random ABS Fault?  (Read 1213 times)

Offline gtgeorge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Strange Intermittent random ABS Fault?
« on: December 19, 2014, 02:17:53 am »
Getting bored of this car now, in the last month its had a cambelt and waterpump cause the waterpump went (after 30,000 miles) then the anti shudder valve packed up that cost me £160 and now ive got a weird, random and intermittent ABS issue.

MK5 GT Sport TDi

Basically il be driving along, look down and the orange ABS light and the skidding car icon are both lit up on the dash. Scanned it, no fault codes showing, 2 minutes later down the road and theyve gone off on their own ?

Tonight was in Mcdonalds drive through, no warning lights on, stopped got my food, drove off a minute later and felt grinding through the pedals, got out of the drive thru looked down and the ABS and skidding car light are on again ? and yet again 2 minutes up the road the light goes off again!?

Offline Jay75

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • My Ride: 06 plate golf gti ko3
Re: Strange Intermittent random ABS Fault?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 10:12:45 am »
I would take it somewhere with good diagnostic equipment dude, that needs sorting...

Offline gtgeorge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 01:47:31 pm »
There was a break in one of the ABS cables that went to the sensor on the front drivers wheel, the inside copper wire had gone that funny blue colour and crumbled away. Cut it back and re joined it and not seen the light or problems since :)

Offline Jay75

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • My Ride: 06 plate golf gti ko3
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 07:17:59 am »
Glad it's sorted  :smiley: